Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Emissions on M1009?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Lotsa_Faith, Aug 23, 2002.

1. Lotsa_Faith

Lotsa_Faith 1/2 ton status

I'm in Collin county, in TX...I was just wondering if an '85 Military blazer would have to take the sniffer test? Its got a 350 swapped in, but does that matter? I could try and convince them it has the 6.2 still in it, but dunno if they'll expect me to pop the hood...if all else fails, could i go to a neighboring county where the sniffer isn't done and get it done there, or do i have to be in the same county i live in?

2. K5Jimmy

K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Yes, ya gotta pop the hood...Yes ya gotta get it inspected in the county it's registered in...Yes, ya gotta have ALL the stock 85 smog/aircleaner stuff...they sniff it at idle, and then put it on rollers and run it at 25mph (1500rpm or so)...I've got the sniffer sheet that gives the Threshold Values if yer interested, but I don't really know what any of that stuff means...I was told by the tech that most people who fail, do so because of needing a tuneup, or carb is out of adjustment...I just had the Vette sniffed, don't gotta do the truck til Apr next year...it's $39.50, and there's a guy out on 380 that will sniff yer truck without reporting to the state just to give you a baseline to know what ya gotta fix to get it to pass...itsa PITA...