Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

emissions?'s

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 87K5TBI, Mar 29, 2006.

1. 87K5TBI

87K5TBI Registered Member

I have an 87 blazer with a 350 and tbi, I'm thinking of pulling all the crap off of it and putting the top end off of my chevelle in it with a good cam. What all would I need to remove/block off in order for it to run right? can I just yank the computer out and toss it?

Last edited: Mar 29, 2006
  2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

If you want to be able to pass emissions with where you live, all that emissions crap has to stay on, but if its a dedicated trail rig, then hank and block.....don't know about the computer tho

3. chevyk2500hd

chevyk2500hd 1/2 ton status

You can take out the computer if you arn't going to use the tbi stuff anymore. But you may have problem with the tranny. Because the lockup torque converter on the 700r4 is controlled by the computer as far as i know. Also you will need a new ignition system since you won't be using the stock on anymore.

4. AZ79K5Project

AZ79K5Project 1/2 ton status

I just sent you a PM

5. onetonbb74

onetonbb74 1/2 ton status

take the top end off the chevelle and run it in the blazer, put a hei and a carb on it. Leave the computer alone and run all new wires for the hei and lock up convertor(manual switch). Then sell the chevelle to me.

6. 87K5TBI

87K5TBI Registered Member

hehe the chevelle not goin anywhere, I tore it down to the frame and am slowly rebuilding it, but I'll never sell her :D