Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

emissions testing

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by the hulk, Nov 2, 2003.

1. the hulk

the hulk Registered Member

[​IMG] ] hello every one im new to the k5 site and this is my first blazer got at a few year back about six mouth ago I ripped it down to the frame and went throw it im getting ready to take it throw emissions testing and im not sure if I need the vacuum canister, not sure what i did with it may have toast it anyone know ware to get one

2. supersize75

supersize75 1/2 ton status

No vaccume canister needed, just have a good/new gas cap, have your carb tuned, and check all your hoses to your valve covers.

Also great looking blazer, lots f az people and we get together alot..so welcome /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

3. the hulk

thank you for the info.
    going to try and run it thow tommrow its got a new motor and new carb the only thing coming of the valva covers is the pvc hose i think that was the only hose coming of the valva covers

4. mosesburb

mosesburb For Rent Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Welcome.
    The '72's did have a charcoal can smashed in between the battery and the fender (what a great location). Whether or not the people at emmissions will know to check or not is a good question, but with my luck they would. I do know however that in the past couple years emmissions has checked for the one on my '71 Nova. They had never checked for the first ten years of ownership, but in the past couple they have. A buddy of mine has a '72 Blazer that he restored and before he put his charcoal can back in it would reek horribly of fuel, but when he put the charcoal can in it all went away. That in itself may be reason enough to put one in. If you need one I should be able to get you one through AC Delco.
    Good luck.
    Nick

5. the hulk

thank you wow i have mine running for a week or so now and i do smell a lot of gas but thout it was just running rich guess i should hunt a caniste down wouldn'know whare to get one would ya

6. supersize75

supersize75 1/2 ton status

post up in the wanted section if ya want, or Autozone..ect.
    /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif