Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Emissions

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by djm, Mar 26, 2000.

1. djm

djm Registered Member

Has anyone successfully passed emissions with additives? My truck blows some oil so I know it's gonna fail. It's a mess under the hood too, plugged vacuum lines everywhere. Hopefully some 93 octane gas, 104 octane booster and some type of oil additive will help. In NJ, they just started testing vehicles for emissions on a set of rollers at 30MPH. They even have cameras installed to make sure the probe is monitoring the right vehicle. What a pain in the ass.
    Dan

2. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

I never tried these myself, but I'll put them on the board here for everyone to have some fun with:
    1. Just before driving into the garage, dump 3 bottles of Drygas in the tank. Theory sez the motor will be running on isopropyl alcohol for a couple minutes, therefore having virtually no emissions.
    2. Pour <font color=red>1 tablespoon <font color=black>of gasoline into your oil. I have no idea what this (supposedly) does, but I did see a neighbor do this to his beater '79 Monte Carlo, and he came home with the stickers. Obviously, an oil change would be in order after that.
    As I said, I haven't personally tried these, but they're there if you wanna be the guinea pig. Good luck!

[​IMG] Semper Maintenance!
    [​IMG] So many ideas, so little money...

3. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Jeez, what a pain in the arse all this emissions testing seems.........Up here in God's country(Alberta, Canada), we don't have to worry about stuff like that. My truck doesn't have a lick of emissions stuff left on her, and I don't imagine I'll ever have to worry about it. Of course, we have a lot less people and a LOT more air to go around........Don't get me wrong, I love the ol' USofA(I was born in New Jersey), but man, I'm glad I drive my rig up here!!!!