Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Employee day

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by ssped, May 21, 2006.

1. ssped

ssped 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Well we had a blast climbing some really great stuff yesterday. I ran the truck into a tree(playing with the radio) Not going fast enough to damage anything. chased a deer for a few hundred yards (with 5 people folowing me not knowing where I am going as I drive through the brush. and of course I tackled the hill that left me stranded 20 feet up it. I had to go back and climb that damn thing that caused so much Damage to the truck. I was so happy to get to the top.

CIMG2575.JPG

CIMG2576.JPG

CIMG2636.JPG

2. broc944

broc944 1/2 ton status

Deer chasing is fun, not that I would ever do anything like that:D . I love the ones that will run straight down a logging road, never cutting out in the woods to safety.

3. yellowK20

yellowK20 Well Lubricated Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Not to be preaching but doing stuff like that (as fun as it maybe) is just ammo for the Bunnyhumpers to get our rights to wheel on public lands taken away

4. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

How true that is. Also bet he would feel badly if the deer were to stop and he hit and killed it all because "he was having some fun".

5. jones

jones 1/2 ton status

i'd feel more hungry for steak than i'd feel badly:D but harassing deer is cruel and mean:rolleyes:

6. broc944

broc944 1/2 ton status

I think you would change your mind living where I do, you can not go very far down a road without seeing a dead one from a car hit, there are way to many deer here. We pay higher insurance premiums because of it. Trying to have a garden involves an electric fence. I do not usually purposely try to hit them, but if they cross in front of me, I just keep on driving. I do not feel bad one little bit. Right now the doe's are fawning, so they kicked last years fawns out, now they are running around totally lost without their mother showing them anything and it is a total nightmare trying to drive

7. ssped

ssped 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Yah I know that comment would wake you all up. Although I was chasing the deer I was no where near it. I could barely get my co pilot to get a picture and the pictures we got the deer was barely in view. sorry I might have made it sound like I was making venisonburgers on the trail.

Oh and we hunt them here durring the season too.

8. yellowK20

yellowK20 Well Lubricated Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I didn't mean to Ruffle any feathers it doesn't bother me personaly I'm just saying it's not something we need to have in the public eye . And I grew up on the North Shore of MN so I can completely relate to the Deer problem