Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Empty Flatbed trailer going to Arizona From Oregon...?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mudrat79, Sep 22, 2005.

1. mudrat79

mudrat79 Registered Member

Hello All...I am a New member here.....Another one of Many cool sites I was unaware of.....:( I am A Chevy Lover to the Core...But I am Also A subaru Lover to the Core....They are related now after all...:) As well they share some coot traits....
    Both tend to leave good Mechanicals alone, allowing for great interchanges to occure....

I am Posting this thread mainly looking for freight to fill my Car trailer Going from Eugene Oregon Down I-5 To L.A. And then Over to Pheonix Arizona.....I will be leaving around 3am Friday morning the 7th of Oct, I have a Confirmed stop in Chico Cailifornia, and after that or before that I am open to stops...?

I have a 12'x6' deck running down there empty....I am pulling it with my 90 Suburban, and with cost of fuel thru the roof, I'd like to hual things down for folks if I could ,to help soften the fuel cost.....On my return trip I will have a Car on the trailer, but the rear of the burban will be open to parts as well..?

So if any of you guys here have anything needing hauled south and are close enough to connect with me off the I-5 corridor, Please post here as well as e-mail me and if you like call me also.....

I have posts on several subaru Sites as well....and So far only a few minor pieces are going with me south.....

Mods...If you deem this needs to be elsewhere feel free to relocate, But if you would please sticky it till Oct 7th.....

Thanks, John in Oregon
    541-607-0163

2. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

where in eugene are you? just curious. my folks live there and i did my last year at churchill in 97-98.

good luck finding something to deliver. i did a trip a few months back and found nothing needed to run the same areas.

grant

3. mudrat79

I live off Beltline and Hwy 99 South....I went to Willamette Myself.....:)

I am not a true Member( no Pay yet) ...I saw in the Pacific Region there is a Member needing a 6.2 Diesel Motor to go from Corvallis just north of me down to Redding Ca....Any chance you could PM him and See if it still needs hauled...? Give him this Post link...:)

Thanks, John

4. camiswelding

camiswelding 1/2 ton status

John.. Ill give you a call on the diesel haul... Welcome to the best chevy site ever... you are going to meet some very nice people here....

You can always PM a member... that way it doesnt go thru spam filters and they get your message almost instantly...
    Im on here daily...

cam

5. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

John, welcome. :waytogo:

Cam sent me a PM to check with you on his diesel and then picking up a cab I bought from him in which I need delivered to Kansas.
    However, since you are on the way to Arizona, if I could find some place in Arizona to store the cab, preferrably another member, it would be that much closer to me.
    Unless you could go out of the way to make a little detour, say, thru Colorado on the way to Arizona, that would be better.
    I don't know. Let us know what you can do or have in mind. Also let us know a ball park range of your asking fees for deliveries.

Again, welcome and hope to do something that would help all of us out. :waytogo:

6. mudrat79

What Part of Colorado works..?

I could possibly do Denver...? I am going to look at My options.....If I do Cam In redding grab your Cab then Do my drop in Chico, I can slide south then east on I-80 thru S.L.C. Utah and end up over in Denver...Then shoot south from there...Let me see what Milage from Chico to Denver is Via I-80......Do you have a Place I could Drop in Denver...? If Not I may have...:)

Ok, Looking on mapquest....If I go Chico Thru Salt Lake City and Then hit I-80 or State Hwy 40..( not sure how Ugly it is ) It is about 1200 miles from Chico To Denver.....How Much would you be Willing to pay to get it to Denver....? And if there are any others with parts on that Route speak up....:)
    Denver is 980 Miles Out of my way to Pheonix....But if I can pay for Fuel, then It is Doable .....

On that note, From Denver I will be going south west thru Santa Fe N.M. and Albuquerque....So Let me know If there any other parts needing run along that route...???????

Talk soon, John

Last edited: Sep 22, 2005
  7. thatK30guy

Oh yeah, Denver would work fantastic! I know a few personal friends from my hometown living there. Need to get ahold of them to see if they could hold it.

Or, if someone on this site wouldn't mind having a cab take up some space, I could come get it at their place, too.

Man, this is finally starting to sound good to get the cab home. At last! :bow: :waytogo:

Let me do some checking John. Thanks again! :saweet:

8. thatK30guy

Oh yeah, forgot to mention the "offer" for the fuel cost.

What are you driving and what mileage does it get? :thinking: :ears:

9. mudrat79

ThatK30Guy....

I'm driving a 90 Burban getting roughly 14mpg pulling a Light tandem axle trailer.....

If your able call me I'm getting off the computer, and Will be up for at least 2 more hrs here....

Talk in a Few I hope, John
    541-607-0163

10. thatK30guy

Will have to get ahold of you later as I'm off to bed. Its 10:30 here and I have to work at 6 a.m. :(

If you want, PM me and I will get back with you tomorrow ASAP. :waytogo:

11. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

If anyone is leary of havin' a newbie haul anything for ya. no need to worry. John contacted me about Cams motor I have. after about 2 minutes he asked if my burb was blue and I say yeah..he made a comment about his jacked up 'ru. is your burb white? lifted subaru.. he said yeah... Turns out he is a regular customer to the Knechts auto parts in Eugene where i worked before moving up to Corvallis.

12. original balzer

original balzer 1/2 ton status

US 40 is a decent drive. i wish i had something id pitch in but i dont im in roosevelt ut thats about an hour west of colo line i do have space to store something if it helps but im sure theres better (closer) places in colo for your cab

balzer

p.s. ill donate a old scout to someone lmao

13. mudrat79

Wondering on status....?

Morning.....

thatK30guy I am wondering if you think you have found a spot close to Denver for a drop point or not...?

Right now It is Confirmed I Will go south to Cam's then From there to Chico For My own drop, Then If I Have your Cab I'll head to Denver Via I-80....From Denver I'll Head South to Pheonix.....thru Albuequrque and Santa Fe....If I don't get any other Drops or Picks, From Pheonix, I'll blast back North on I-5....

If you would , Call me Tonite or, Dro me a # to call you at....?
    I may have a drop Site for you in Denver, But wasn't able to call them Friday....It's a Business I deal with there.....:)

Talk soon, John
    541-607-0163

14. Geargrinder

Geargrinder 1/2 ton status

[HIJACK] Hi John!! Glad to see U found this place. I was soobme on the USMB, came to the grand opening of the shop, talked to ya in Medford on your'e way to the Subarubicon :wink1: U still got "The Beast"? Hows biz. going for ya? [/HIJACK]
    For all those wondering if this is on the level, John is a GREAT guy! I would trust him to hall anything for me :laugh:

15. mudrat79

Anyone else..?

Ok, So it looks like I will be going straight South on I-5 to L.A. Then Over to Pheonix

Is there anyone else needing any parts run..? I will be coming back North the same way....Time is getting short....

Let me know, John

16. mini_mull

mini_mull 1/2 ton status

If you end up going through SLC, I'd be interested in having you pick up a 3rd seat for a burb and a NP241 I've been trying to get down to the Phoenix area for a few months now.

17. mudrat79

Attn: Mini Mull.....

Hello, what kinda $$ are you willing to front for delivery..?

I am Not truely needing to run Thru S.L.C. at this time, but if between you and A guy from Another board I can pay for fuel, I'll do it ...?

Basically, I have to go To Chico CA. To drop some things , then I can Cut over from there.....to S.L.C. A guy there wants me to shuttle some Wheels and Tires clear from Eugene...? So if He is wiling to pay enough for fuel, as well as you from there south to you, I can Work it out....My Poor Burban Will be due for an oil Change by the time I hit Pheonix....:)

I am going to confirm with him on the wheels and tires tomorrow, Let me know what you are ok with for the drive from S.L.C. to you... with your stuff....?

Talk soon, John
    P.S. feel fre to call me on my Cell if you like.....
    541-232-9958

18. mini_mull

mini_mull 1/2 ton status

You're not taking the cab to Denver anymore? I don't know if I can pay enough to make it worth your while. How far out of your way would it be?