Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Empty interior, what should I do? (pics soon)

Discussion in 'Audio' started by anatomiczero, Dec 17, 2002.

1. anatomiczero

anatomiczero 1/2 ton status

First off I have an 80 Jimmy. I have no carpet, I sprayed some rubberized stuff down. I also have no sidepanels, I took off the brackets that held them in place. My current setup is this:

Pioneer DEH-4400 (not sure if that's the right model, it has XM Radio built in)

Kenwood 4x6" Speakers in the door
    Kenwood 6x9" Speakers in Road Gear boxes sitting on the wheel wells, the boxes are stuffed with polly fill.

Can anyone give me pointers on how to set the faders and stuff on this Pioneer deck, it has a lot of options to it and I don't have the manual.

I listen to alternative most of the time, Should I save for a subwoofer or try to get bass out of the 6x9's?

Oh, I have a spare tire carrier in the back, I'm thinking about putting it on my roof on a rack I have, but not sure If I would like the look.

One more thing, I was thinking about getting some indoor/outdoor carpet to put on the rear/under rear seat, Any other suggestions? Thanks for your time. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. anatomiczero

After Looking at another thread should I use herculiner? The rubber underbody spray I used scratches ans rubs off from my heel.

Edit: My cousin thinks I should buy some indoor/outdoor or berber carpet and glue it down, I think i'll try it. Should help with the road noise, imporve the stereo since it won't echo. I think.

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I really like the side panels with built in subwoofer boxs alot of people have made and posted pics of. I also liston to alot of alternative, and yes, a pair of subwoofers would make a big difference. Just my opinion.

4. anatomiczero

Edit: Changed my mind again, I'm going to use indoor/outdoor carpet. I'm going to take the spare tire carior out and putmy roof rack up and put the tire on that.