Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

EMS caps or tap my box?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by koldsimer, Nov 10, 2005.

1. koldsimer

koldsimer 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

So what would you guys do? If I tap my own box, the cost will be minimal. Of coure, what if I get shavings in the box? Or it doesn't work for some reason? If I tap the box, I seriously doubt that I would be able to ever return it if something happened to it. So, the caps are $100- the cheapskate that I am, it almost seems worth it. It seems like I would also have more flexibility when it comes to hose routing. What do you think?

2. dodgedude99

dodgedude99 1/2 ton status

i had tapped the top cover for the sector shaft, and there is ususally a dude on ebay that sells steel caps that have been machined and tap to replace the aluminum end cover, (sort like the EMS, but doesnt stick out as much).

3. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

4. Leper

Leper 1/2 ton status

Hey, there is some guy around here that does it for like 35.00. Bubba knows where it is.

5. dodgedude99

dodgedude99 1/2 ton status

thats what i got big83chevy4x4, paid $55 shipped, another $10 for the tap for the sector shaft cap, i drilled and tapped, and now i just have to get fittings.