Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

End of the road

Discussion in '1982-Present GM Diesel' started by rustyk5, Dec 8, 2005.

1. rustyk5

rustyk5 Registered Member

I'm going to try and sell my diesel. It's been alot of fun and I wanted to thank all of you diesel fans for your help along the way. I have enjoyed lurking around this forum for a couple of years, and gained all kinds of knowledge about diesels(not just 6.2 and 6.5's). I hate to let "Stinky" go but I am not going to be able to put the time a 20 year old vehicle deserves(and most often needs:haha: ). Thanks again for all your time, you are all a great resource.:bow:
    Andy
    P.S. if you know anyone in New England/Maine that is looking for a diesel Blazer please P.M. me. Thanks

2. DieselDan

DieselDan 1/2 ton status

I feel your pain, Rusty (every time I stop at the pump :haha: ) The more I work on my Jimmy the more it rusts.

Oh well, good luck in your endeavors. I never got a chance to meet you (I missed the N.Conway run) but I feel a kindred spirit. You will be missed.

3. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Sorry to see it go...

I feel your pain too--I'm selling one of my trucks (so far no one's buying thiugh)..not that I want too,I have no choice..

I wouldn't mind having another diesel in my fleet,especially a 4x4,rather than the 2wd 79 C10 I'm trying to sell..

I saw an 85 GMC Jimmy on craigslist in MA with a 8' Fisher plow and a 6.2 for 600 bucks the other day..supposedly it only needs a freeze plug,the OEM block heater freeze plug is leaking!..runs and drives good,and its a one owner truck..not rotted too badly says the owner..a "little" rust..

I e-mailed the guy and asked if he'd trade my C10 for it,but he said he's short on cash too,and doesn't need another truck..neither do I!--I'm broke--but if I had the money I'd probably buy it anyway..it probably will sell this weekend,after the foot of snow that fell where the truck is located..the friggin plow is worth 600 ,not to mention the 6.2,if its any good at all..

Good luck selling yours!--I bet in Maine it wont be hard to sell it..yuppies down here wont buy anything unless its less than 5 years old..or will only take it for free..:(

4. rustyk5

rustyk5 Registered Member

I only hope I can sell it:o ! A part of me says just keep it and pick away at it. I just have too much going on. I spend a day on "Stinky" fixing one thing and then 2 other things suddenly need attention:mad: !! I wish I'd have bought it in 1995 when it was only 10 years old and not an avalance of things to "update". Man New England is rough on vehicles.
    The tough thing up here is everyones got an 80 something chevy with a lift kit and new 350 for $800. I have WAY too much into it to let it go for under 2000 and it's no trailer queen!:haha:
    Thanks again for the support!
    Andy