Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Ended up with a Pro Comp and TSL SX's

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BLzr4x4ngkid, Apr 30, 2000.

1. BLzr4x4ngkid

BLzr4x4ngkid 1/2 ton status

Ended up with a Pro Comp and TSL SX\'s

When I got to 4 Wheel Parts in Oklahoma City, I asked for a 6" Superlift and 15-35-15 Swamper TSL's. The guy said, "Uh, I think we are out of TSL's, but we have the SX's and we sold the last 6" Superlift yesterday." I just drowned, but he explained to me why the SX's are a much better tire and they have one 6" Pro Comp lift. He told me that they had a set of 35-15.50-15 SX's and of course I wanted to see the tire, so he went into the back and rolled one up front.........BOOM, I was taking it home!! I ended up buying the Pro Comp lift and the SX's. They are huge tires!! While they were mounting the tires to the EA589's, we left and came back. When we got back this young lady walked in with a sheet of paper and started reading off part #'s. She was buying a 6" lift for an '87 Jimmy too!! The guy said that we got there at the right time, because we got the last one. Does anyone have the SX's, if so, do you like them?? Enough of me for now. Later

Alex
    Wichita, KS
    What me get stuck? NEVER!!(Famous last words)

2. '73 K5

'73 K5 1/2 ton status

Re: Ended up with a Pro Comp and TSL SX\'s

Thats cool. Should be a nice combination. The 2 main negative things I've heard about the SX's are they are heavier and don't flex as well as the other Swampers. But since you aren't going to drag race your truck or do much rock crawling in Wichita, I wouldn't worry about it. I can't think of any other tire with sidewalls that insanely tough. One more thing...whenever you drive over 20 mph, those tires are going to be louder than a Pantera concert.

'73 K5
    Chevy good...Ford bad

3. CBLAZER81

CBLAZER81 1/2 ton status

I've got the exact same tires.I think they kick butt.The only problem is the noise and they ride pretty rough.Make sure they are balanced really well.I kept throwing the balance weights off of mine so they had to put someweight patches inside the tires,it helped alot.

[​IMG][​IMG]

4. BLzr4x4ngkid

Pantera huh? Didn't they break up or something?? HAHAHA, yeah let me tell you, rock crawling in Wichita is a really heavy sport!! HA Later

Alex
    Wichita, KS

5. mike race

mike race 1/2 ton status

my brother-in-law has 36" sx's on a cj5 and he loves them. sorry about posting somthing good about a jeep, but it's not the jeep its the tire

fix'n finally

6. shaggyk5

shaggyk5 1/2 ton status

dude....did you get her number?

shaggyk5

aint nuthin in the world like a heavy chevy!!

7. BLzr4x4ngkid

Should have!! That would have been awesome. Both of us driving '87 Jimmies with 6" lifts and 35's. She was a hottie too!!

Alex
    Wichita, KS