Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Engine and carb guys....

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Bone85K5, Sep 29, 2002.

1. Bone85K5

Bone85K5 1/2 ton status

On my 350..the drivers side valve cover has a vent tube...where shoud it connect? I have a Holley intake and 750 carb...not sure where to connect this hose..seems to breathe a lil more oil than I think it should...Right now its just blowing it down the wheel well.

Should I cap it or connect it to something???

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

My drivers side valve cover is where the PCV valve is.

Rene

3. David Dean

David Dean Newbie

That is where the PVC valve goes and a vacume line connects from there to your breather or if you have an open air element it'll connect to the base of your carb.

4. Bone85K5

Bone85K5 1/2 ton status

I put a brether cap on it and took out the pvc, will this work ok?

5. 4x4Freak

4x4Freak 1/2 ton status

The pcv valve should be on the driver side and the breather on the pass. side. see pic

The breather tube hooks to the side of the air cleaner if it's stock. If the air cleaner has been changed, then it is ok to put a breather filter in it's place.

The pcv valve hooks to the back of a Holley and the front of an Edelbrock or Q-Jet. I dont think that removing the pcv(positive crankcase ventilation) valve is a good idea because it is there to relieve pressure in the crankcase. I don't know that it will hurt anything by not being there but obviously it's there for a reason.

6. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

Hook up the PVC. It shouldn't matter which V.C. you use for it, but the other V.C. should have a breather.

You'll blow the gaskets out of the thing without it installed.

7. Bone85K5

Bone85K5 1/2 ton status

I do have a aftermarket 360deg K&N filter. My mechanic said (he didnt sound to sure) that a brether would be fine but I wanted to ask yall 1st. As the truck rides now..I have a brether on both valve covers...

If i look on the back of the holley carb...should the place where the PVC connects be pretty obvious??

Just dont wont to burn up my new motor guys..thanks for the responses

8. 4x4Freak

4x4Freak 1/2 ton status

There should be a 3/8" vacuum port in the center underneath the secondary fuel bowl. You may have to use a tee if you're running vacuum assist power brakes.