Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Engine and tranny question

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by lizard, Jul 26, 2002.

1. lizard

lizard 1/2 ton status

I want to put a 700R4 in my 72 jimmyand I'd like to get a hyd. roller for the 350. Anyone who has tried to purchase retrofit roller lifters knows they are backordered to forever and over $400 for the set. /forums/images/icons/mad.gif then theres the issue of adapting my np205 to the 700r.. So I got the idea that I should get a '87 or newer block (so I can use the cheaper factory hyd. rollers), trans and tcase rebuild them and make life easier. So now the only problem is finding the right year and model to get a pass side tcase, etc.

So what should I look for? 1987-1992 blazer? Should I try and get a np241 or settle with the np208. finally what should I expect to pay for the engine, trans and tcase if bought as cores to rebuild?

Thanks for the help, that is... TIA!!

2. bigmack

bigmack 1/2 ton status

You might try howards cams for the retro roller lifters, the phone # is 920-233-5228 or howardscams.com, I have a set of the retro rollers in my 2wd truck, they work great and I haven't had any problems with them. Part # 91114 is for a SBC. They have good cams and related stuff at good prices. Hope this helps.