Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Engine boring

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by anjieandjohn, Sep 1, 2005.

1. anjieandjohn

anjieandjohn Registered Member

I am finally going to take the plunge and attempt a rebuild on my engine. I know that the 305 and 350 use basically the same block so my question would be how hard is it to bore out the 305 I currently have to a 350?

Thanks for the help :confused:

2. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Need a 350 block.

They should be fairly cheap, IMO find a newer one out of a car, so you get all the roller lifter stuff and one piece rear main.

3. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

4. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

He's also got a whole lot of wrong and questionable info there too. 305's suck compared to a 350, hands down, no matter how you look at it.

5. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

I know , and would prefer a bigger engine , and in fact have some now to build . I am doing a 60 over 350 for the 'velle , and a one piece 355 for the nicer Blazer .

But if a guy really wants to build a 305 , for either a claimer class , numbers matching 80's Camaro or Monte Carlo , or just to plain be different , 300 hp isn't out of the question :D

6. anjieandjohn

anjieandjohn Registered Member

I am just looking at putting a fairly "fresh" motor in my truck for now...not doing any crawling just yet. As far as matching numbers, they will all match as the engine and drivetrain are the original from the factory. I know I will end up rebuilding the transfer case and tranny as well but I will approach those in a little while when I have done some more reading and all....Thanks for the help.