Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Engine build software

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by tiger9297, Feb 24, 2005.

1. tiger9297

tiger9297 1/2 ton status

Anyone ever used Desktop Dyno or similar software. I have heard of one called Dynosim as well. I was thinking of buying one of these. Opinions??

2. K5er4Life

K5er4Life 1/2 ton status

Never heard of dynosim, but you can download desktop dyno for free. I dont remember where I downloaded it at but Im sure someone around here does. The program is alright, gives you a decent estimate of power output but not all that accurate. There are too many variables, tempature, fuel ratio, etc. that the computer doesnt factor. Nevertheless they are really fun to play with though, its fun to build some crazy big block making outrageous numbers. Then dream about how much fun that would be to have in your rig.

3. tiger9297

tiger9297 1/2 ton status

did you download it of something like Kazaa, Imesh, etc. ???

4. K5er4Life

K5er4Life 1/2 ton status

Ya know now that I think about I did download it from kazaa, that was alwhile ago and kazaa sucks now. I just checked on limewire and a bunch of people have it there. You can get limewire from download.com and if you dont want to do that I can try to send it to you.

5. dirtwarrior17

dirtwarrior17 Banned

got it off Kazaa..... its pretty accurate for my motor. I had it on roller not hydraulic flat tappet and it came out to 347 hp at 5000 rpm which is exactly what its gonna be at. Maybe give or take 10 hp but i bet its damn close...

6. tiger9297

tiger9297 1/2 ton status

I downloaded it today but you have to have a key # in order to use anything other than the "demo" mode. If you downloaded yours off Kazaa are you only using "demo".

7. dirtwarrior17

dirtwarrior17 Banned

Nah i think its the full one.... I can do all the motors and all the options. If it is demo mode i don't see the difference. It depends on what time you search for it. somebody that has the full version has to be on... if nobody is it won't show up.