Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Engine Choices

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by KrebsATM02, May 28, 2001.

1. KrebsATM02

KrebsATM02 1/2 ton status

Hey guys haven't been on for a while since i'm outta school and in houston for the summer. Anyways, now that i have time and don't have to worry about college for a couple months i'm about ready for a new engine. Anyways i have been dreaming about putting an LT-1 in the whole past semester, but I might just put what i have now back in rebuilt or a crate. So can ya'll help me out and tell me if it's worth it to put the LT-1 in. I'm having trouble finding torque curves on the internet. I know the LT-1 has 340 ft lbs but i don't know what rpm it does that at. I guess what my real question is does it have the torque and power where i want it. I have a 350 TBI right now. So do ya'll think the LT-1 would be worth it or just put another regular 350 in it. Thanks guys - Doug

Doug Krebs

2. KrebsATM02

KrebsATM02 1/2 ton status

Come on guys help me out here

Doug Krebs

3. Pugsley

Pugsley 1/2 ton status

For what the LT-1 costs, I'd just put in a Goodwrench 350 with an Edelbrock performer package (intake, heads and cam). You'd have a very powerful, reliable setup for quite a bit less.

I'm not creative enough to comeup with a new signature [​IMG]

4. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

That GM crate 383 HT truck motor that is now suppost to be out in July would be cheaper and it makes 450 ft-lbs @ like 3500 rpm.... stump puller... check it out on Scoggin-Dickey's website

-Mikey
    1987 Chevy K5 Blazer- 350 TBI