Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

engine crossmember for 67' k20

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by stevos67k20, Dec 17, 2005.

1. stevos67k20

stevos67k20 1/2 ton status

i have a late model engine crossmember in my 67k20 (the one that angles towards harmonic balancer of the engine.) and i am going to put a crossover steering system in it soon. i was wondering if the ORD high-clearance crossmember will be compatible with my truck's frame/engine... i think the crossmember was replaced to fit the 454 thats in it right now; becuase i know the 67-72 engine crossmembers have a straight across design that will not interfere with the crossover draglink. will a stock 67-72 engine cross member work? i'm worried about it moving my engine up or down since the motor mounts are bolted directly to the crossmember..
    thanks
    Steve k.:bow: :truck: :bow:

Last edited: Dec 17, 2005
  2. stevos67k20

stevos67k20 1/2 ton status

does any one have any idea what i am talking about?? i would really like to get a crossover steering system because mine really sucks. thanks...please help rookie work on his truck!!!(fyi: i'm the rookie).

3. '71k204x4454

'71k204x4454 Registered Member

It does sound like you have a newwer crossmember then the factory put in. You might get a better respones in ORD's forum. And it dependes on how much lift you have also.