Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

engine cutting out

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by K5Kell, Oct 22, 2003.

1. K5Kell

K5Kell Guest

I'm running an 87 w/ a tbi 350. It was running fine until the other day when it started acting like the ignition was cutting out when it would hit around 1500-2000 rpm's. It seems to idle fine. I'm completely lost and cant afford to deal with a shop(im an 18 year old college student /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif) So if anyone has ideas I would appreciate it. also i'm in bellingham and theres been allot of puddles i have been flying through /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif, I did check the cap and rotor but they were dry. thanks for any input.
    -Kell-

2. grunt11b40x

grunt11b40x 1/2 ton status

pull your ignition module out and take to adavnce auto for free testing.

3. tomseviltwin

tomseviltwin 1/2 ton status

Fuel pump /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

4. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

Before you worry about the fuel pump change the filter.May just be clogged. Cheap and easy fix.
    Check the dist module.
    Scan for trouble codes.
    Does the check engine light come on once in a while?

5. K5Kell

K5Kell Guest

I started it up today and took it for a drive and it seemed to work fine after having the problem for almost a week now. it doesnt throw any codes since I put in a new 02 sensor(about a week before this started). but thanks i'll try to take a look at it this weekend!
    -Kell-

6. Lance

Lance 1/2 ton status

make sure your coil wires aren't worn through and grounding out on your air cleaner cover.

i had similar issues with mine right after i got my k5. i couldn't figure it out for the life of me. went through all the possible fuel delivery issues i could and still came up with nothing. my dad came down one weekend to help me try and diagnose the problem. two minutes into it and right after we pulled the air cleaner he saw where on of the wires had been rubbed through. i couldn't believe i had missed that. anyways, a quick trip to autozone and and no problems since.

good luck,

lance