Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Engine flush questions

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Blaze, Nov 9, 2000.

1. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

Anybody know how long this takes? My fiancee took her 96 Pathfinder to Jiffy Lube the other day. I was extremely busy, so I didn't have a chance to change it myself, so they saw this young girl come in and saw dollars there. They overcharged her for the Signature Service and charged her for a engine flush(which it didn't need), which she said they told her took 3 minutes. I've never done one, but I've heard that they take 15 minutes or so on a V6. I want to know if they really did one on the car before I go in there. Man, they are going to get hell tomorrow! Cost her $58 before it was all over. They even changed the rear-diff fluid in it, which I changed when I put a ned rear diff in 5000 miles ago! I'm furious and they will feel my wrath tomorrow!

[​IMG]http://www.ncclassics.com

2. 76chevy

76chevy 1/2 ton status

When you say engine flush, do you mean engine oil, or radiator? The engine oil flush that you buy at the store says to let the engine run for 5 minutes and then change the oil.

The 3 times I have had my oil changed by someone else they have always messed something up.

<font color=red>Spirit of 76</font color=red>

3. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

Thanks. She said they did it quicker than 5 minutes anyway. I'm worried that they messed something up, too. Let's hope for the best! Hope I don't have to take out too many of them tomorrow! Haha

[​IMG]http://www.ncclassics.com

4. OFFRDK5

OFFRDK5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

5. Russell Keys

Russell Keys 1/2 ton status

Sounds like they pulled a fast one. A friend had a bad exp. with a quick lube shop once. The same day he had the oil changed the engine locked up. Seems that someone forgot to put new oil in the engine. Cost them a few it was a 95 Toyota V6.