Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

engine freeze plugs

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by adamforsythe, May 11, 2005.

1. adamforsythe

adamforsythe 1/2 ton status

Hello,
    Is it a paint to remove the engine freeze plugs? Or should I just paint them when I paint my engine.
    Thanks
    Adam

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

paint them. Removing them is easy. Removing them in one piece, just isn't happening. Not anyway I know of doing it. I want to paint my motor before my "freeze plugs" go in. I like to see the brass plugs.

3. BigBurban350

BigBurban350 1/2 ton status

If you already installed your new core plugs do not remove them unless you intend on getting new ones. It will not hurt to paint over them, just personal preference. If it is for a show car than they may look cooler with the shiny brass, and if it is in a show car you probably have lots of money so just take those out and buy new shiny ones :D

4. garlicbreath

garlicbreath 1/2 ton status

Pull em if you are replacing em, stuff aluminum foil in the holes when you paint. If they are new, smear vasoline on them, then wipe them off after you paint.

5. dirtwarrior17

dirtwarrior17 Banned

it's very easy to remove them in one peice... just take a hammer and a big flathead screwdriver and beat on one side of it (left, right, top, or bottom) until it turns enough for you to grab it and pull it out. you won't be able to use them again tho.