Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Engine harness electrical connectors

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Russ, Aug 20, 2005.

1. Russ

Russ 1/2 ton status

Does anyone know where to find replacement connectors for the engine wiring harness, such as TBI injector connectors, MAP Sensor plug etc..?
    I am reworking the harness on the 454 before I put it in my dually and need to replace some of the connectors as they are broken or melted.
    Thanks,

Russ

2. uglyangelracing

uglyangelracing 1/2 ton status

Alot of junk yards haveparts locators. Why not just get a whole harness from one of them?

3. spincast375

spincast375 1/2 ton status

We are installing the Painless #10205 in our 454. PO stripped out pretty much everything as he ran it in the desert. He disconnected the electric choke and wired it open. I have found no one who can help. I have called every junkyard / salvage yard in TN. I have searched the web. I have talked to several GM dealers. If I find anyone, I'll let you know.

4. dcubb

dcubb 1/2 ton status

Electrical Terminal Service 800-549-2257
    www.electerm.com

They have all the connectors and the tools to do whatever you need.

5. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Pep Boys carries the more common connector housings. You'll find them on the ailse with the electrical switches. :cool1:

6. loafer

loafer 1/2 ton status

I order them from Waytek Wire: http://order.waytekwire.com/IMAGES/M37/catalog/217_030.pdf

There is a minimum order, but they are real cheap and they are useful for many other custom wiring jobs, including marine stuff. Order the contact extraction tool when you order so you can take them apart. It's not necessary to buy the expensive crimp tool; I just crimp the terminals with a pair of needle-nose pliers and then solder them.

You can buy them from Summit and Jegs, but they are a huge rip-off.

7. dodgedude99

dodgedude99 1/2 ton status

i am in the process (a long one at that) of swapping in a carbed 454 where a TBI 350 was in my 88 K5.

if you can get me pictures or describe what the connectors look like (i only know/remember what the injector connectors are) i can snip them off since i wont be needing them and can mail them off to you.

let me know.

shawn

8. Russ

Russ 1/2 ton status

Thanks for all the replies and links. I had checked both of those sites previously and I could not find any of the specific connectors housings that I need. Injector/ MAP / EGR switch etc.. I may just not be finding them on the websites?

I am beginning to think they are not available except possibly from GM. Unfortunately there are no PEP Boys that I heve found here in the Florida Panhandle.

Shawn, If you can PM me an email address I will send you pictures of the ones that I am looking for. I may be able to swap some of them over from the 350 harness that is in my truck, but that harness is in worse shape than the 454 one.
    Thanks,

Russ

9. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Don't you have any wrecking yards with GM's?

Almost all GM stuff same vintage is interchangeable, just look around until you find good connector bodies.

I know what you mean, things like the knock sensor and coolant sensor connectors are broken quite often. I just went to the wrecking yard and either cut the wires if I needed the wire itself, or de-pinned the connector so I could pull it without cutting anything.

10. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

You can buy every connector you need from a Car Quest store, ask me how i know. :D I work in a machine shop that is attached to a Car Quest store and we have all the connectors in stock. They are JT&T brand. If you don't have a Car Quest store near you then i suppose if you PM me with your needs i can find out a cost and our store should be able to ship these to you. :thumb:

Last edited: Aug 21, 2005
  11. Russ

Russ 1/2 ton status

Thanks, there is a Car Quest here in Crestucky. I will check them out.

Russ

12. 4X4HIGH

I made a mistake, its not ITT but rather JT&T

13. azblazer

azblazer 1/2 ton status Premium Member

First off...go to www.delphiauto.com and D/L there latest catalog. Then figure out what you need and then email them to find your nearest supplier.

Allthough the delphi numbers look like gm numbers they won't come up in their system....a way around this is to get your numbers and head for your nearest freightliner dealership...they use alot of the same terminals and connector bodies and they can order them. Next up would be arizona connector...however this route is not a recommended way to go about it as he is a wholesaler and requires a $500 min order.

Also try painless or howell engineering as they build harness's and should be able to sell you what you need to include the correct tool to unlock the terminal from the harness so you don't have to splice **** together. I'd rifle thru my stash but i'm stuck on an oil rig waiting for the battery in my em tool to crap so i can go home....

Also....those old skool connectors still in use under the hood at the temp sender are called series 56 connectors.....unplug the bulkhead harness at the firewall....those look like series 56...but they are larger and called series 59....map sensor/IAC/ ...weatherpack....

DW

14. 4X4HIGH

Have you went to a Car Quest store today to see about those connectors? I was looking at them today in our store and we have i think every connector you would need. I can get you part numbers if you would like but you need to give me exact info on the year.

15. Russ

Russ 1/2 ton status

I have not made it to the parts store yet, by the time I get home from work they are all closed. I will have to try and hit them on Saturday morning. The truck is an 88 Chevy V30 Crewcab Dually with TBI 454 and TH400. Any part numbers you can round up would really be appreciated.
    Thanks,

Russ

16. 4X4HIGH

Ok, i made a quick call back to the store and the...

TBI connector is a JT&T 2819F
    MAP connector is a JT&T 2811F
    TPS connectore is a JT&T 2807F

17. Russ

Russ 1/2 ton status

Thanks!! I appreciate you checking on those and I'm sure someone else can use those part numbers also.

Russ

18. spincast375

spincast375 1/2 ton status

To 4x4HI:

Great advice!!! It took a while, but I found a Carquest here in TN, just about two miles away. Mike knew exactly what I was looking for, described it to a T. He ordered it, will be in tomorrow. And his price is very reasonable!

Good-bye Advance Auto!

Good-bye Autozone!

Good-bye NAPA!

Good-bye O'Reilley!

I know where my money will be spent from now on.

Carquest's website is very poor. Call right away and talk to a real person. Its faster.