Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

engine ideas

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by blazing86, Nov 6, 2001.

1. blazing86

blazing86 1/2 ton status

OK i dont know if you guys read my post about hydrolocking my 1 month old 350, but now im in the position where i need to put something in it. The warrenty on it was voided once they found the water. I literally have no money, i spent all of it fixing the truck last month. What i know so far about my engine is that the whole left bank has compression of less than 50 and my mechanic thinks that the head on that side is cracked.
    So i find myself turning to you guys for ideas. To replace the engine it will cost me at least 2100. Right now i cant get a job because of wrestling season, and it is my senior year. I could try and rebuild it but i dont have that much time right now. If i were to quite wrestling i know i would look back years from now and hate myself for that decsion. PLease help me on this one.................
    thanks

2. 2cocky

2cocky Registered Member

Go to the junk yard and get two heads that look deasent and slap them on drive the truck untill you get tired of outting oil in it or you have the time for the rebuild.

OOOPS....I THINK I JUST RAN OVER YOUR JEEP THING!!!!!

3. TorkDSR

TorkDSR 1/2 ton status

your first mistake was the mechanic. buy the chilton, then use the chilton.....

and its really that easy

i am simpathetic to the whole student thing, but the wheels are a necessity....
    put some heads on by yourself, get the fingernails dirty, and tell the chicks you're a gear head

Tork DSR
    "Easy killer. That's technology you talk of..."
    http://www.torkpig.homestead.com