Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Engine loads up when in gear... TBI350 Gurus Help!!!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Blazin Ed, Aug 4, 2003.

1. Blazin Ed

Blazin Ed Registered Member

I've posted this already but now I have more details so I'm starting a new one.

When the engine is in park it runs and idles just fine but as soon as you load the engine by putting it in drive or reverse it runs really rough but doesn't die. It drives fine on the road until you come to a stop, then it loads up again. Some of the things we changed are: plugs, wires, cap, rotor, O2 sensor, injector cleaner, adjusted valves, verified firing order. Can someone pls let me know what else I can try!!! I miss driving my healthy running K5! Could it be timing? It's an '88 TBI350

2. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

Have you checked for trouble codes? That is usually the first step in trouble shooting TBI.

3. TopOff

TopOff 1/2 ton status

Vacuum leak..

Bad MAP sensor.

Check codes, and see what the computer thinks is wrong.

Good luck.

4. KRAZIE87K5

KRAZIE87K5 1/2 ton status

I'm with Nick... check for vacuum leaks and a bad MAP sensor. Have you checked your timing yet?

-Dan

5. Jonny-K5

Jonny-K5 1/2 ton status

does the check engine light come on when it loads up? it should if its a sensor. if not you might have problems with the computer. did it happen all of a sudden?or after you installed some parts. is it consistant or intermittent? thats how i screwed up mine and havent worked it out yet. damn intermittent glitches!