Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Engine lugging

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by stallion85, Jul 11, 2003.

1. stallion85

stallion85 1/2 ton status

Jul 11, 2003
    Ok here is the deal. Last week I blew a head gasket going to UT for the 4th of July. My dad and I did a compression check and found out which head neede replacing. We changed the gasket, plugs, cap and rotor, and plug wires. Over the weekend the truck ran great wheeling and in on the highway. On my way home about an hour in to the drive I went up a steep incline and started to get real bad engine knock and the engine started to surge as if it were running out of gas. The same symptoms as before I changed the head gasket. I babied her home and since then have only been driving on city streets and have had no problems. My question is could the pinging and lugging be a carberator problem or is it something else. I have a Holley but don't know what size? I am sure it is not the head gasket again. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have checked the timing and it is good. Thank you