Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

engine mount location from 250 to sbc ?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by R72K5, Apr 16, 2005.

1. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

73-up engine mount location from 250 to sbc ?

i thought 73-up 250 mounts were in a different location on the frame brackets than to sbc engines ?

but they really are in same holes ?

or ?

i guess i am too used to the 72 older trucks where they are in different places for different engines

hmm..

2. tarussell

tarussell 1/2 ton status

Yep , same holes.

3. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Mine had to be moved...

When I put the 305 in place of the 250 six in my 79 C10,I had to move the motor mounts to the "other" set of holes in the frame--and I must say the 3 bolts that hold them on are about the worst ones to get at on the whole truck.... :crazy:

4. tarussell

tarussell 1/2 ton status

But the frame mounts stayed in the same location - right ? IIRC the frame mounts have all the optional holes for each actual motor mount of that era .

I know what Ya" mean about the location of the three bolts and nuts - they are aggrevating to say the least !
    Tom

5. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Yup!

Yes,I had to move only the "mounts" with the rubber inserts,the frame crossmember needed no alterations...I know if you put a 292 in a truck you need the special frame bracket for the mount on the passenger side(or you can modify the 250 version to work)--the 292 has the frame bracket farther forward,since the holes in the block are different on a 292 VS a 250...

Those 3 bolts were quite an aggravation during my motor swap--I moved the pads twice before I discovered the brackets on the 305,from a G10 van,were "VAN ONLY! :mad: and weird,no way they would bolt into a C10!--luckily,being the pak-rat I am,I had one set left from the 73 307 chevelle motor I put in my van(I had a hard time finding the "van" brackets too!--now I have an extra set :blush: )...always something to be a PITA when it comes to swapping things around.... :crazy: