Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Engine Mounts - Suggestions?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Desert Rat, Jan 13, 2003.

1. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

Oct 19, 2002
    Did a search on engine mounts. A few posts about polyurethane but I don't see too many recommendations on specific types or brands. I see that Energy Suspension has you reuse your old clam shell. ORD has a welded one with polyurethane bushings. Anybody try ORD or another brand? I would also assume that the block is the same on the 383 stroker and so the 350 mount should work? I prefer poly and would like some suggestions on what others have used or tried. Thanks. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif
  2. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Feb 24, 2000
    I used Energy Suspension and reused my old shells and have had no problems.... /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif
  3. 79Beast

79Beast 1/2 ton status

Dec 9, 2001
    ORD and a couple of other companies make poly motor mounts that are bombproof and replace your entire motor mount. They run around $150 per set. Energy Suspension makes poly inserts for your stock clamshells that retail at Autozone for about $26 per side. I used the Energy Suspension inserts and I am in no way worried about the strength. These were easier to install than factory style because they have metal tabs made into them that hold your engine side mounts in the perfect position for the mount bolts to line up. Unless you are full race with BIG HP, I say go with the cheaper mounts. You won't be sorry you got these. You should also run poly tranny mounts to match the motor mounts.