Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

engine oil cooler

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by blazin90, Sep 22, 2002.

1. blazin90

blazin90 Newbie

i have a 1990 blazer 350 700r4 trans it has the factory engine oil cooler would it hurt to remove it completly from the truck or should i try to repair it

2. Zeus33rd

Zeus33rd Smarter than you GMOTM Winner

What is wrong with it that ya want to remove it? Whatever is the case......I would repair it....Always good to have a cooler of any kind. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

3. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

Mine just pooped a chicken on me this weekend. It seperated where the rubber and the steel meet. I removed the system and went mud bogging on Sunday. Didnt notice a change in temps.

4. 77blazin

77blazin 1 of a kine K5

Hi
    If the cooler was there for a reason, you should have it repaired, in the long run, you would not regret it.
    Michael

5. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I'm looking into getting the biggest coolers I can find. I belive in biggest/heaviest duty is better. Just need the fundage first. It sucks having to be a responcible person and paying bills first. I'd really like to put the money into the Blazer, but bills gotta come first.