Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

engine or tranny?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by JimmyJuneau, Aug 15, 2001.

1. JimmyJuneau

JimmyJuneau 1/2 ton status

Ok I dont know a whole lot about his kinda stuff so maybe you can help me. I am driving down the road and when I hit the gas while going about 30mph the truck sounds like it is downshifting kinda like going into 1st gear while going down a hill and the truck starts to slow down but I didnt put it into first gear on the highway. If you understand this question or need more infop please reply.
    Thanks
    Brian

1985 GMC JIMMY

It has a th350 and it has a wonderful 305<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by JimmyJuneau on 08/15/01 07:51 PM.</FONT></P>

2. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

post again with engine and tranny sizes
    "before any body gets excited"
    and if it's a th350, i would check the modulator, copy that, over? otherwise i don't have a clue. [​IMG]

<font color=blue> I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy!

3. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Sounds like you're punching the kickdown on the tranny, and the engine should start screaming and truck move faster. I think it might be a 700R4 seeing as how your truck is an '85, but I don't know.
    Also, on my S10 after it got a new '85 700r4, at some points before the TV cable was set right if you punched it while moving it would just come out of gear altogether, then slam back in when you let off the gas a little. That might be what you're having.

But, like chevyfumes said, more info I.E. tranny and engine would be helpful in figuring it out.

Ratch
    <a target="_blank" href=http://k5.8m.com>k5.8m.com</a>
    **Ever stop to think... Then forget to start again?**