Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

engine problem no start

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by sandypants, Jan 9, 2007.

1. sandypants

sandypants 1/2 ton status

hello i have an 89 k5. it is all stock motor then i had headers put on and all new exhaust. the o2 senser is unpluged until i make a hole for it. it has spark and the fuel pump is working. i looked at the enjectors and see nothing coming out. does anybody know what my problem could be its been a week now and i have no idea what it could be. thanx jeff

2. 88-383

88-383 1/2 ton status

So it hasn't run since you put the headers?

3. goldwing2000

goldwing2000 Guest

I know you said the fuel pump is working but check all the fuses and the fuel pump relay, anyway. Those are the most common issues. Make sure nothing got accidentally unplugged on the engine harness, too.

Try plugging in the o2 sensor and just let it hang. The computer may not turn on the injectors if it doesn't see the sensor.

To verify it's a fuel issue, dump some gas down the throttle body and see if it starts. If it does, then disconnect the fuel line at the TB and see if it spews fuel when you turn the key on. If you're not getting any flow, then it could be a bad pump, clogged filter or no signal from the computer.

Did they do any electrical welding (MIG, Arc, TIG) on the new exhaust? If they did, did they disconnect the battery and/or the computer? If not, that could have fried something.