Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Engine problems? *updated ?*

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by LKJR, Nov 6, 2002.

1. LKJR

LKJR 1/2 ton status

? what does it sound like if you've really messed something up bad? I go to start it and I get this real loud grind/snap/bang kinda sound usually twice then it will start. Just started recently, but I don't drive it that often, it got really really hot on me the time before last when I drove it pulling a smoker, turns out the radiator the previous guy put in it is too small, (dumbass), so... if it was rings broken to pieces what would that sound like? could it just be timing off and firing wrong ( I was tinkering with that one night)?

I'm scared this fairly fresh engine is gonna bite it and I have no money to fix it...... /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

2. ds350

ds350 1/2 ton status

Re: Engine problems? oh no

Is it starter related....engaging the flywheel???
    The sound goes away after it is running??? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

3. LKJR

LKJR 1/2 ton status

Re: Engine problems? oh no

yea it will start just fine, sounds like that may be what it is, I need to get someone over here I guess to take a look at it that knows more than me. It starts and runs....

4. LKJR

LKJR 1/2 ton status

Re: Engine problems? oh no *updated ?*

could excessive heat warp a flexplate? (automatic tranny)