Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

engine problems

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by sapper, Nov 8, 2003.

1. sapper

sapper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Driving home the other day the truck took a dump on me, coasted to the side of the road and tried to start it up, the engine will act like it wants to start but wont turn over, also i lost some of me electric stuff, the headlights and horn dont work but the windows and door locks do /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif Any help with what to look for will help alot!! TIA

This has however had one good point, i bought a 02 S 10 blazer with the wifes approval so i wouldnt have to drive her truck to work when mine breaks down /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

2. 99firehawk

99firehawk 1/2 ton status

Sounds like you poped a fuseable link, check for power on each side of the link with a test liht or multimeter. The lik are in the wiring to the starter and located 4-10 inchs from where the wires bolt to the starter.

3. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

Could be fusible link
    OR
    Look at the positive terminal of the battery. There should be 2 wires coming off it. The big thick one goes to the starter. There should also be a smaller guage wire coming off it. This wire powers lights, horn' Ignition, alt, ECT.
    make sure it is connected. Sometimes they corrode and fall off at the terminal. Your truck will not start without this wire connected. I think on 89s that wire goes from +batt to the Alt then at the alternator there is another wire connected to it that goes to the fuse box.

4. sapper

sapper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Thanks guys /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif