Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

engine question ? where did mine come from ?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by scrappyk5, Apr 30, 2002.

1. scrappyk5

scrappyk5 1/2 ton status

when i bought my 84 k5 , it originally came with a 305, but the guy said that the previoius owner put another motor in it. well
    i finaly was able to read the casting number on the driverside rear and i came up with 14102058. well i went to the mortec chart and it said its a 305 from 87-91. well i am pretty sure that this guy plucked this out of something, just dont know
    what , any ideas ? and how can i find out the specs. as far as hp and torque and all the other info like inside stuff?

2. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Use mortec to get the location of the suffix code, write that code down, then go to www.nastyz28.com and check that against those suffix codes. It will tell you EXACTLY what vehicle it came from, and what HP rating it was.

3. gtkustoms

gtkustoms 1/2 ton status

my book says its from an 87-88
    305 2 bolt mains
    and anywhere from 150 to 190 hp
    the 190 hp is from a firebird

could tell you alittle more with more codes

4. scrappyk5

scrappyk5 1/2 ton status

thanks, yes i am wiping off the grime so i can read the other numbers. i had to practically brake my neck to read the one in the back.
    the engine was installed witht the original qaudra jet carb from 84 with all the v belts . it feels like a awful lot of power to only be rated 150hp , so i will try and get more numbers