Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Engine Question

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 1HighK5, Oct 26, 2005.

1. 1HighK5

1HighK5 1/2 ton status

Hey everyone I would like to know about the crank shaft in 350's this is probably far off in the future but I have a brand new 4 bolt main 350 that my father had bought to put in a boat he was restoring a couple years back. Long story short the boat never finished and the engine has been in my garage. I want to put it in the my blazer because my engine is almost dead. I have a manual tranny and was reading a post the other day about cranks being drilled for pilot bearings and some not being drilled. Does this mean that this new 350 will not work for me? I have never looked because the boat gear is bolted to it and I haven't tried to take it off. Is it true that the crank may not be drilled for a pilot bearing? Any input would be great. That post got me woundering

2. thor

thor 1/2 ton status

That's true of some of the "other" GM engines, but all traditional chevys are drilled for a pilot bushing.

3. 1HighK5

1HighK5 1/2 ton status

thanks it would kill me to think I couldn't use that engine