Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Engine rebuild kit..Where?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Stomper, Feb 4, 2005.

1. Stomper

Stomper ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ GMOTM Winner

Where is the best place, price and or brand of bottom end engine rebuild kit online?

I'm going to be rebuilding my neighbors mid 70's 350 and we'd like to keep it cheap but good quality. Just looking for some other suggestions...I've looked at Summit and Jegs.
    Thanks,
    Brett

2. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

I've never personally dealt with them, and haven't looked at a catalog for awhile, but PAW (Performance Automotive Warehouse) had some pretty decent "package deals" from what I remember.

I know they are a decent company, many have had pleasant dealings with them, so that counts for something.

No other ideas, sorry.

Only thing I hate about "packages" is that they always seem to be missing something you want, or you have to spend more than you want to get one piece you want...like one piece oil pan gaskets, better bearings, etc.

3. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

i bought the engine kit from www.northernautoparts.com for $155. the only complaint is the gasket kit. mine leaked like a sive, but it also could have been my engine.

it has quality parts for a great price.

4. folkenheath

folkenheath Worthless Trash Premium Member GMOTM Winner

www.northernautoparts.com is an awesome place to get rebuild kits. I always like to get the upgrades for Fel-Pro gaskets and Moly rings though, but even then you can't beat the price.

5. Stomper

Stomper ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ GMOTM Winner

Thanks guys!! I checked them all out got a catalog comeing from PAW and northernautoparts does have some killer prices:thumb:
    Anyone else??

Thanks,

6. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

get in the Zone....

My friend bought an engine rebuild kit from autozone for the 69 350 4 bolt I sold him he put in his 62 nova--It had about every moving part,all the gaskets,bearings,pistons,rings,high performance cam,timing chain and gears,freeze plugs,the parts were all name brand,like sealed power pistons,fel-pro gaskets,melling oil pump,clevite bearings, wolverine camshaft,etc---it was about 250 bucks delivered to his shop,they had to order it,took 2 days to get(I suspect they may have gotten it from a place like northern engine supply)--he could not beat the price,even the catolog places were about the same cost after shipping,so he bought it from the "zone"..the only thing he didnt get in the kit he needed was new head bolts,it cost another 35 bucks for them...:crazy: