Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Engine rebuild with a LOW bugit

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by JK5, Sep 9, 2002.

1. JK5

JK5 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I need to rebuild my chevy 350, it's goin' to need some borin', 30 over my guess!! Who has GOOD CHEAP engine kits other than Summit Racing? I need pistons, rings, gaskets, bearings, cam, lifters, etc.

2. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

Try Performance Automotive Warehouse (PAW). They used to have a 2 page advertisement in the different off-road magazines (but not in the last two issues of Petersens or 4-wheeler I got). There website is www.pawinc.com - check them out. From what I remember, they had master rebuild, partial rebuild, and long block kits for sale, and everything was reasonably priced. If you have any older 4-wheeling mags, flip through them- you'll see the ad.

3. BigOrange90Jimmy

BigOrange90Jimmy 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Just go to a local machine shop. I got my engine bored and purchased all the rebuild parts for 500 bones. But that's with me pulling, rebuilding, and installing the engine myself. It's got close to 80K on it and it's still together with only really small leaks from the front and rear main seals. I'm saying I did a good job for my first rebuild.

4. sxrxnrr

sxrxnrr Registered Member

5. reddog64

reddog64 1/2 ton status

DUDE...
    doont do a budget rebuild...

By spending an extra 300 bones ow fo rbetter stuff it'll nearly double the life...

You get what you pay for remember that...

Spend the money and do it right!!! /forums/images/icons/wink.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/cool.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

6. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

I'm with Big Orange. Check the local machine shops. I have always got a good geal on quality rebuild Kits from the guy who does all my machine work. He gives them to me just about as cheap as mail order. Its there and ready when I pick up the engine. And beings he does all the machine work the parts are always right.

7. Mr.Chevy4x4

Mr.Chevy4x4 1/2 ton status

Go with Northern Auto Parts. They use only top quality parts and they have better prices than anyone. I have personally bought and used 7 rebuild kits from them and have never had a problem with any of them. Spend the extra $14 and upgrade to the Felpro gaskets though.

Mike