Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Engine stalls HELP

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by istallion88k5, Dec 16, 2001.

1. istallion88k5

istallion88k5 1/2 ton status

Ok, this rig is about to go on a short trip over a long hill. It has sat for 4 weeks, had to have back surgery get better and now I start it and it runs like crap, and stalls, figured it was just cause it has sat. Ran it for a little while, man it dies if I let off the gas any time, going 40 around a curb it dies (gee no power steering and no power brakes fun). I mad sure oil was ok, put in fuel additive, no luck any ideas? It ran fine before I parked it last.

If it aint a Chevy don't raise it up!

2. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

How full was your tank when you parked it? Sounds like you may have some water from condensation in the gas lines...........

<font color=blue> NEVER FORGET, NEVER FORGIVE, NEVER SURRENDER<font color=blue>

3. istallion88k5

was kinda low, first thing I did was fill it up and put a fuel additive in it, ran it for 2 hours, but still doing it, how long would it take running it to get rid of water in the tank or should I throw some dry gas in it.

4. Can Can

I had the same thing happen to me a couple of years ago and it took 2 or 3 tanks with about 6 bottles of gas line antifreeze to cure the condition.

Throw some gasline antifreeze(sounds like dry gas is the same thing) and see if that helps......

5. Can Can

And it may be worth it to change out your fuel filter(s) in case the fuel treatment loosened some crap up in the tank and plugged a filter......

6. istallion88k5

cool, thanks. I will run up to autozone in the morning and get some dry gas and fuel filter and see what happens. Thanks for the replies.

7. Can Can

Keep us posted, will ya?!!!???[​IMG]