Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Engine start up.

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by riz, Jun 10, 2000.

1. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

Well, I off to do my initial start up of my new engine....I'm also adding an electric choke kit to my Edelbrock carb.....hopefully if my Blaster coil comes in the mail today, I'll be installing my MSD electronic ignition as well.........I'll get on here later to tell you guys how it went. It's been out of commission for over a year now and I'm excited as hell to get it going again !

L8r,

.Riz.

2. BB454

BB454 1/2 ton status

Best of luck buddy -

BB454
    IF IT DOES NOT HAVE 8 PISTONS - IT'S BROKEN !

3. Eagle86K5

Eagle86K5 1/2 ton status

Don't break anything! Good Luck...

<font color=green>[​IMG]Eagle86K5[​IMG]<font color=red>
    Masonry...It's a Good Thing
    2B1ASK1

4. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

Thanks for the encouragement you guys ! Well, everything went without a problem. I tell you what,.......It sure felt good to know that I did it myself. It took what seemed like forever to get it done, but I never did an engine swap before and I learned alot along the way. I got tons of help from you guys and lots of motivation. Now all I have to do is get the exhaust hooked up on Tuesday and hopefully everything keeps working just fine. I'm sure there will be little things that will pop up along the way, but they'll just have to be dealt with. Never the less, I'm just happy as all get out to be able to drive it again! Now I can get started on my interior, so get ready for a barrage of questions about carpet,door panels,seats,etc...... Anyhoo, I wanted to thank you guys for the help along the way and I'll posts some pics in a few days when I get time so you all can see what I did.

L8r fellow K5ers,

p.s. Thanks Steve for the great site !! You deserve a round of applause. Keep up the great job. CHEERS !!

.Riz.