Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Engine Swap Help *tonight*

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by Hossbaby50, Dec 3, 2003.

1. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

If anyone is feeling froggy and is bored I am holding a up all night engine swap session right NOW. Shawn (Supersize) blew the motor in his truck up today and we are swapping in a new motor tonight and need to get it running tonight. If you can and want to help give me a call at (602) 258-1285 and I will give you directions. All hands welcome. I think I have some Bud Lights in the frig.

Thanks

Harley

P.S. We have some pretty good carnage to see. A rod went threw the oil pan on both sides and it is FUBAR. Looks like someone took a 12 gauge to the oil pan. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. Sample

Sample 1/2 ton status

Damn, that sucks. I wish I could make it out there to help. You gonna put the 396 back in, or the 454 from the crewcab?

3. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

As much fun as that sounds, I'm gonna have to pass on this one. I'm really sorry. I do hope that all goes well with the swap. I know the feelin though. I've had to do late night fixes more than once and it really blows. Good luck to y'all.

Allan

4. supersize75

supersize75 1/2 ton status

Sample, I put the 454 in

I didn't get donr though, but that leaves more time to do it the right way /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

I really did a number on the 350 though /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif block is shattered ond looks liketiger woods was golfing out of my oil pan, 2 big holes /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

On the bright side, while waiting on the free way I was able to unbolt the tranny, engin mounts, all wiring, senders and linkages, in less than a hour /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

I also learned just how much a 3 inch body lift helps get the 2 bolts on the top of the tranny though, on the crew cab it took forever /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

all hail to the hockey puck /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

we stopped about 3 am and I went to work at 4..am /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I am sooooooooooooooooooo tired, now I am leaving in 2 hours to go finish /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

5. spitfire

spitfire Registered Member

going back to finish? what is your problem? I thought you were a true gear head. anyway, if you do need some help, give me a call. I have some free time now that I got the 396 already put in my el camino ( cause thats what real men do). anyway, good luck.

PS told you those top bolts were real busters.

keep your stick on the ice,

Colin

6. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

Its done. Last night about 11:30 we buttoned it all up and sent Shawn on his way. I am not sure he made it home, but he didn't call me to come get him which is a good sign. It took more then a few late night runs to Autozone and alot of wrenching in the dark but it is done and it ran pretty well when we fired it and he left.

7. Sample

Sample 1/2 ton status

That is good to hear. I was waiting until he got his Blaze running before I bothered him about soome parts I want.

8. supersize75

supersize75 1/2 ton status

I made it, /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

That motor kicks arse!

why did I ever leave big blocks? I will never go back /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Harly, ....can you say burn't rubber! did a brake stand last night and the tire filled the air with smoke /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

...so much for not flogging it /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

I am going to install the 4 core radiator today, for some reason I dont think a leaky 1 core will do the job.. I just dont know why /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

Truck feels like a totaly new truck now, I really am enjoying this so I think the money I will spend in gas is worth it, also it is fun as hell to nutral drop a tranny when you know you have a good spare waiting /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

this should be illigal it is so fun /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif