Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

engine swap or not?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by moturbopar, Aug 22, 2005.

1. moturbopar

moturbopar 1/2 ton status

Hi all. Well I like my blazer, but I am not sure that the 350ho is enough. I am thinking about putting in a cad 472 that I have built for my work truck. I think it would be a good combo for 3.73s and 33 or 35 in tall tires. Then I can swap in my 350 330hp into my work truck, which would probably get better fuel economy than the 472. Plus I am driving my blazer as my work truck right now since the work truck is down :mad: Im sure a 73 longbed 2wd with 3.07 gears will get better economy than the blazer too. so what all do you guys think, Should I do it?

2. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Your 350 should be fine where it is . I only have a 305 in mine , and even though its slower , and I want to replace it soon . Its pulling 33's just fine with 3.73 gears . Hell , it worked with 3.08's . And I knock down 15 mpg combined :D

If ya want to rip houses off their foundations , or drag race , then by all means go 472 :wink1:

3. moturbopar

moturbopar 1/2 ton status

see this is why I cant decide! the 350 runs and drives great and is allready in there, but that 472 sure would be fun :laugh: By the way we should get together some time and shoot some BS.
    later

4. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Broadway and Ellsworth , have beer . Most evenings I'm home by 6 . PM me anytime too :D

5. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

go with the caddy.. lol j/k i just had to say it, depends if you need to be locigal, or a typical guy.... :wink1: