Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Engine swap

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by eshorvath, Jul 31, 2002.

1. eshorvath

eshorvath 1/2 ton status

I was given a 1975 Nova 350 for my 86 k5.
    Will this year engine work?
    What is the large hole on the back of the block for (next to the distributer hole). It had a hose and metal connector on it, and there is a long bolt going through to the block.
    Will this work, and what is this hole?
    Ed

2. Don

Don 1/2 ton status

It will probably work, You'll have to reuse the original manifold from the 86.and all the emission equip. The Hole in the rear next to the distributor, is for a EGR Valve, used on the Nova. The Bolt, must be the stud for the holdown on the EGR Valve. /forums/images/icons/ooo.gif

3. eshorvath

eshorvath 1/2 ton status

is there an equivilant spot for the 86 k5 engine?
    Ed

4. 69K5

69K5 1/2 ton status

the hole might be for the oil pressure. thats what minbe was and its a 75 from a blaxer. make sure you use all the same year pulleys and such or you will be matching things forever. other than that she will drop straight in. you will have to move smog crap and manifolds like Don said.

hope it helps

nathan

5. eshorvath

eshorvath 1/2 ton status

I think that it was the EGR valve. I just have not seen one with the long hose on it...
    I am rebuilding the Nova engine. Any reccomendations as to what to use? Will the Nova engine and stock components be enough for my truck?
    Ed