Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Engine swapped, now no SPARK!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bigoltrux77, Nov 5, 2006.

1. bigoltrux77

bigoltrux77 1/2 ton status

I got everything on my engine and started cranking her over and i have no spark. So i tested the red wire that goes into the battery terminal of the Cap and its only getting 3 volts or so when the key is in the on posistion. My question is, where does that red/pink wire lead to? I was thinking of clipping the connector off and running new wire but i dont know what it runs too. It leads somewhere into the firewall i believe. Anyone know?

2. Confedneck79K30

Confedneck79K30 3/4 ton status

that should be a switched hot wire, running off the ignition switch i would imagine...

3. BadBob

BadBob 1/2 ton status

If everthing was ok before the engine swap, you might check to make sure you hooked your ground straps back up (engine to firewall and frame). I've done that a couple times.

4. bigoltrux77

How many grounds should i have? There is so much extra wiring from the A/C i dont know whats what. So if run a wire to an ignition source it will be right? Right now i have two grounds besides the Battery, grounded to the Block. Am i missing one?

5. 79k20350

79k20350 3/4 ton status

there should be one ground from motor to body, body to frame, battery to motor

6. bigoltrux77