Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Engine Temperature Sensor Question

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by caryhenry, Mar 16, 2003.

1. caryhenry

caryhenry Registered Member

I went and bought a new ecu temperature sensor for the thermostat housing on my 85, and the only sensor the stores sell come with a wiring harness adapter. The adapter has two wires and comes with those handy "no strip" splice connectors. The problem is my stock ecu connector is only ONE wire, and the replacement harness has TWO wires. Has anyone else replaced this sensor? If so, please tell me how you connected two wires to the one wire coming from the top of the carb.

2. milspecjimmy

milspecjimmy 1/2 ton status

i would say that one its the wrong sensor, and i would have no idea why you would have to addapt any thing. if there was a factory sensor there, and it was supposed to be there, the you should look for the right one. use that one as a last resort. dont be affraid of the dealer either, i have gotten close to after market prices on a lot of stuff there, and there is no adaptors required.