Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Engine/Tranny Swap Q

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by SkysTheLimit, Jul 10, 2006.

1. SkysTheLimit

SkysTheLimit 1/2 ton status

Are the motor mounts between a 350 & 454 block the same? How about transmission support? 700R4 to Th400.

Also, for those who have made the switch, were there any real clearance issues with the hood with 454 in?

Thanks!!

2. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

bolt in other than cooling size of rad. and drive brakets and stuff. just bolt the crossmember to the tcase mount and lift to frame and drill new holes and bolt in. dont forget to grab the gaspedel kick down switch for the 400 tranny. and the vac modulator line.

3. SkysTheLimit

SkysTheLimit 1/2 ton status

Thanks SweetK30. I've got a nice aluminum radiator from the donor vehicle that I'm going to fab up some mounts for. The TH400 is full manual valve body so I'm going to fab a mount for a ratchet shifter so it will sit right between the drivers seat & the center console. My mock up's say it will be really comfortable. I'm hoping to get the whole process started the weekend after next. I will be taking many pictures and will do a write up for the benefit of all.