Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Engine Update

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by sarazk5, Jul 7, 2002.

1. sarazk5

sarazk5 1/2 ton status

Well, the old one is out... New one is not ready to go in yet, still have to transfer some stuff over and a few parts that broke weren't available at the parts store. Does anyone know who would carry the following on hand:
    Thermal Vaccuum Switch
    Adapter for Oil sending unit

Also does anyone happen to have an extra stock air cleaner for sale? Mine and my K&N got smashed... i need to buy one before smog comes up. For now i picked up a cheap aftermarket edelbrock one. Hopefully everything will go smoothly tomorrow. If not it won't be finished in time. I hope and pray i get to drive it to work on Monday... If anyone wants to come help let me know... beer is on me! It was very hot today, I had a migraine the entire time we were working on it.

2. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Sara, I had offered a lot of help but you choose not to use it. My parts store carries both the thermal vacuum switch and the oil pressure fitting you speak of. I will keep my ears open for an air cleaner assembly for you though.

3. Tweetysuarus

Tweetysuarus 1/2 ton status

If you need to borrow one just for the smog Inspection I think the 76 Thermastatic air cleaner is the same, not sur though, if it is you welcome to use if you return it asap as I have the same delima about smogin my rig. I keep one around just for this porpose. I had a hard time locating one here in Ca. had to go back to Wa. to get one.
    Bill C /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

4. breyon55

breyon55 Registered Member

4x4high..what parts store do u work @?

5. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I work at Total Auto Supply on Mowry Ave. I had just seen a post you made and seen you are also in Fremont and I just added you to my list of people. Stop in and say hi, I work in the machine shop behind the parts store.

6. breyon55

breyon55 Registered Member

oh ok...ive seen your blazer there b4...nice ride....

7. Zeus33rd

Zeus33rd Smarter than you GMOTM Winner

Hmm.....Ya work in a machine shop eh? Can you guys machine and drill the flat top knuckles on the D44? If so, How much? /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

8. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

Scott does excellent work...especially on blazer parts.

9. 1979Jimmy

1979Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Yes I would recomend hes just a good all around guy.

10. sarazk5

sarazk5 1/2 ton status

I also agree that Scott is a great person :-) Afterall he gave me the engine that I built for my Jimmy.

New update:
    Engine is all in, all parts that needed are replaced.. Engine is running, tonight we just have to adjust the valves :-) My god it sounds so much better than my old engine even with the miss and clattering of valves. The oil pressure is at 60... my old one ran at about 30. I can feel the motor totally and haven't put it in gear. I think i'm going to fall in love with my truck! j/k. I owe Shawn big time for all the drama and time he has been putting in my truck. I will never do a swap again. I didn't enjoy wrenching on the truck! I don't mind getting dirty.. but my hands look sooo gross stained with grease and i have little cuts and scrapes all over. My boss said "oh my god look at your poor hands" I'm glad the truck is almost done... now all i need to do is get it painted, get door panels, fix the a/c, and get gears. Does anyone know the best priced place to buy a detroit locker from?

11. LiftedAssDodge

LiftedAssDodge 1/2 ton status

randys ring and pinon has good prices

12. TopOff

TopOff 1/2 ton status

Wear the automotive (or other) latex gloves... works wonders at saving the finger nails and such.

13. sarazk5

sarazk5 1/2 ton status

We had gloves, but i don't like not being able to feel with them on? Wasn't comfortable for me. Thank god it is done!