Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Engine Wiring Harness...

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by cpal111, Sep 3, 2005.

1. cpal111

cpal111 Newbie

Just wondering if anyone here knows where I can find any factory engine wiring harness? Thanks!

Chuck

2. spincast375

spincast375 1/2 ton status

What year vehicle?

The guys of CK5 have taught me over and over again the proper sequence: if Chevy doesn't have it (and they're usually very expensive), go to a junk yard to find what you need, if not there, then go to a second tier supplier, in this situation someone like Painless.

My son's truck is a 76 Blazer / 84 Jimmy. We are almost finished installing the Painless #10205. Their product is very good, high quality, labelled well. The tech support I have used six, maybe seven, times. Their instruction manual needs improvement.

The PO of this vehicle dropped in a 454bbc, and bastardized much of the wiring. I would have been done by now if I had the full stock wiring in place. Painless does not provide all of the connectors you will need. There are just too many variables. Carquest is really outstanding in this area.

3. cpal111

cpal111 Newbie

It's a 1973.