Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

engine wiring question...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 84gmcjimmy, Nov 27, 2004.

1. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

okay I pulled the engine not to long ago, and had to cut a few wires, and I pulled most of the wire and set it on top of the engine. Then engine really belongs to my dads friend but he owes us 300 bucks. He says he will pay us back, but he needs the engine for this truck. When selling/buying an engine, what wires go with the engine, and what stays with the blazer/tub? I don't know a lot about wiring as it is, but when I get another engine for it later in the spring or summer, I don't want to be missing a bunch of wiring that will make me have to buy a new 500 dollar wiring harness. Any help so I don't rip the guy off not giving him all the wires, but yet giving me all the ones I need so I am not in more trouble as I am when reassembling it next spring??

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Typically if a person is buying an engine, ALL the wiring stays with the vehicle...nothing goes with the engine unless the buyer specifically asks for said wires cause the buyers rig should already have the necessary wiring already.

3. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

oh okay. So I can just pull all the wires off?

4. kyser_soze

kyser_soze 1/2 ton status

YES. You need everything that is hooked up to that motor with the possible exception of the spark plug wires. But if you are putting in a new motor everything that you give him you would need to buy and get for yourself, which could add up to some heavy cabbage! /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

5. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

okay I will make sure I pull off all the wires before he comes and gets it.