Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Engine wiring

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by WD Steeves, Apr 15, 2002.

1. WD Steeves

WD Steeves Registered Member

I have a 72 Blazer,350,350TH.Does the yellow and white wire spliced together with a fork terminal go to the resistor,or does the brown with a white stripe.Where does the blue wire with a rubber booted female single prong connector go?Also I have 3 prong male terminal on the right side of trans below the cooler lines in and out,and no plug for it.I bought this harness a few years back from Golden State Truck Parts.I have done a frame off and it took a lot longer than I had anticipated.I would greatly appreciate any and all input.Thanks

2. Klef72K5

Klef72K5 1/2 ton status

What motor and transmission do you have? What kind of gauges do you have in your blazer? What's your email? I have some schmatics I can send. The yellow should go to the coil +. The blue looks like your water temp. or your oil pressure sending wire, depending on gauges. The brown and white should be your TCS solenoid. What color are the wires on the 3 prong?

3. Michael

Michael 1/2 ton status

Engine/tranny.....aaahhh wouldn't that be in the first sentence....right after Blazer?
    I have a stock GM schematic but I don't see the colors you mention. Are you sure GSP used GM colors? I would contact them and ask.