Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

engine woes

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Jonny-K5, Oct 4, 2005.

1. Jonny-K5

Jonny-K5 1/2 ton status

i few weeks ago i swapped my holley tbi for the old stocker. the holley worked ok, but i thought i might get better overall performance with the stocker+CFM tech goodies(fuel pressure regulator,TBI & injector spacers etc.).

i've had two problems ever since;

1: truck runs somewhat rough when cold/idle. i can drive around with it could and it runs fine, but untile it warms up it idles crappy.

2: if i give it full throttle, it starts to cut out about 3000rpm. i can keep it at 1/2 - 2/3 throttle and it wont cut out, but if the pedal is to the floor it does.

any ideas on what it could be? the TBI was sitting in a box for the last two years, could it be something like a misadjusted TPS sensor?

2. Jonny-K5

Jonny-K5 1/2 ton status

ttt anyone?

3. neverendingproject

neverendingproject 1/2 ton status

sounds like vaccum sensor imo

4. southernspeed

southernspeed 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I think you'll just have to work your way through the obvious. I'd start with checking the spray pattern and then fuel pressure. Put winaldl on it and check the tps voltage.

5. Jonny-K5

Jonny-K5 1/2 ton status

figured it out. when i put the old tbi back on, one of the injectors wouldnt fire. so i installed a new one from auto zone. the spray pattern looked fine when i installed it.

the other day i take the air cleaner off and notice the new injector isnt working properly. kinda dripping out instead of spraying. i installed the old injector(after getting it to work,thanks HarryH3 :D ) and runs great.