Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Engine won't get hot...still

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by K-5 Bomber, Mar 12, 2007.

1. K-5 Bomber

K-5 Bomber 1/2 ton status

I'm posting this problem again as I didn't get much response & the thread just kinda died. So once again, here it is: The engine reaches about 140*. Heater core is brand new and the T-stat is functioning. What else could cause this?

2. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

well, the t-stat SHOULDN'T be "functioning, if it's only reaching 140*, i think i know what you mean though, you most likely tested it in water on the stove? :p:

are you sure the radiator cap is sealing, is the system building up any kind of pressure? don't remember what you said in the previous post, but are you running a clutched style fan, or direct drive (bolted on) unit?

3. 76zimmer

76zimmer Flyin Rat Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Have you confirmed the engine is only 140? If so, try putting cardboard in front of the rad to make it get hot. But make sure you confirm engine temp as being correct first. YOu might have a bad temp sender or guage. Do you get heat out of the heater? Grab your heater hoses, and upper radiator hose to see how hot they are.