Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Engine work in Little Rock

Discussion in 'Midwest Region' started by tyger25, Feb 20, 2003.

1. tyger25

tyger25 Registered Member

I'm looking for a machine shop. I need to have some engine work done, basically to my block. Anyone know a place that will do it, and do a good job? Thanks...

2. Stroked72Blazer

Stroked72Blazer 1/2 ton status

Rush engine will do a good job. But if you are willing to spend some real dough let me know and I will get the name of a shop in SW LR that builds most of the local motors for I-30 speedway. He is sappossed to be worth it but I can't afford him. When it comes to heads make the trip to Pine Bluff and go to Lanny's Flow Shop. Bar none the best in the state and one of the best in the country, but dirt cheap at the same time. Rumor has it NASCAR tried to get him to build their heads but he doesn't want to deal with the stress or the demand.

3. tyger25

Thanks. Money really isn't the thing here. I want quality work. If it's good work, I've got a couple of engines, that need a machine shop. I want to be able to talk to them, and know what's going on. Good customer relations!

4. purple76pearl

purple76pearl 1/2 ton status

hoods machine shop, here in west plains does some of the best work i have ever seen in my life, im talking quality quality work, only person id let work on my rig
    1-417-255-9950 ask for jimmy gray, tell them scott evans sent you
    they are the best, used to be in mountain home arkansas moved to west plains /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

5. Stroked72Blazer

Manns is the shop I was thinking of but I don't have a #. If you want to spend real $$$$ then try the E.T. Shop (I think in Chicago or New Jersy) But expect to spend NHRA type of bucks for NHRA type of quality.

6. tyger25

Thanks for the info guys. My parents live in Houston. Mo, and I had the engine sent to my mom's business (cheaper shipping that way), so I'm gonna call West Plains tomorrow. I gotta go to Pair-A-Dice and get a new tattoo anyway! I have a 429 for my mustang in Little Rock, so next week I'll be looking for a shop down there. Ever hear of Wayne's machine in Sherwood, Ar.? A guy at Advacned Auto mentioned him.

7. Stroked72Blazer

Never heard of him but now that I know it's a Ford motor I don't want a part of it. But just for the record Manns is known for their Ford work it's kinda what they specialize in.

8. tyger25

WhoooHoooo!!! I dropped the engine off Sat. Alan Hood was there, and gave me some good news! Hopefully I'll know more by next week. Thanks For all your help!