Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

engine work

Discussion in 'Other Rides' started by ibrakeformud, Apr 15, 2002.

1. ibrakeformud

ibrakeformud 1/2 ton status

ok i got a 68 camaro and im putting a 454 in it the motor i got came from a guy that had it in a boat. right now its 30 over and only about 5 hours on the motor but since it was in a boat there is lots of sand and dirt in it what should i do? should i bore it some more just get it hot tanked and call it a day or what im all ears i just want to drive it asap but i want it to be done right thnxs david

2. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

I would post this in the Garage. Just say you are dropping the motor in a Blazer./forums/images/icons/smile.gif Actually, I think most people wouldn't care if you posted it there because it is a classic Camaro.

Personally (I really don't know jack about things like this) I would try and hot tank it first. But if the bores are scratched from the sand, then I say bore it. That way you get the longest life and power from the motor.

3. ABO

ABO Registered Member

Sand and dirt in it? Sounds like somethings wrong. Just take you time and get it tanked and fluxed. If you going to spend some cash on fixing it up, make sure it's not busted. Good luck